We're growing fast and looking for another extremely experienced bookkeeper to join our wonderful team!
Since starting in 2009, Bookit Bookkeeping has grown from one bookkeeper to a team, ready to help businesses big and small. Our clients love the feeling they get once they know that their books are no longer a burden. It's a feeling that never goes away because we continue to show how many ways we can give them back their time.
We take care of straightforward data entry to BAS preparation and lodgement, and everything in between. We service over 100 clients in 50 industries, and this number continues to grow as more and more companies realise the value we bring.
With this growth comes an opportunity for you to join this passionate team. We're looking for our next bookkeeper who wants to help our clients succeed.
A bookkeeper who's so experienced with Xero that you could basically work for them. If you know other bookkeeping software, even better. We're after someone who's done the works when it comes to bookkeeping, but particularly, you're a whiz with payroll and superannuation, and you love a good general ledger reconciliation.
Your day might include:
- Following up an outstanding debtor on behalf of a client so that client can focus on bringing in new business.
- Preparing financial reports for one of our clients who needs to make a decision about whether to move to a bigger office.
- Running payroll for a café, a clothing shop and an electrical company, so their staff are paid on time, every time.
- Reconciling credit card statements for a sole trader who sometimes uses their personal account for business purposes.
- Meeting with a new client to find out what they want from their business and their life, so you know how to tailor their books to suit their goals.
This role is full-time, so you need to be ready to hit the ground running. You'll be based in our Point Cook office but we're a bunch of mums, so we understand that you need flexibility and we're happy to discuss those options with you.
If it still sounds like your dream job then answer the following questions and email your resume, cover letter, and your answers to [email protected] with the subject line 'I want to be a hummingbird'.
(NOTE: We will not consider your application unless you provide your resume, answers, and cover letter.)
Q1. Why do you like bookkeeping?
Q2. What is the worst experience you've had as a bookkeeper?
Q3. Your new client has handed you a big stack of paper. Their business is a year old, and they've never done any bookkeeping. How would you go about setting them up?
Q4. What's your end of quarter reconciliation process?